The easiest way to purchase an individual book to read in Subtext is through our website. The book will be fulfilled by our retail partner Google Books and will automatically appear on your shelf in Subtext when you log in with your Gmail/Google account. In addition to being able to read Google books in Subtext, you can read them in Google’s reading apps on pretty much any device.
To purchase a book and read it in Subtext, just go to www.subtext.com from any browser and follow these steps:
1) Log in with your Subtext account under ‘Here to Buy a Book?’ on the right side of the screen.
2) You’ll be taken to a web view of your Subtext bookshelf. If the book preview is already on you shelf, simply tap the BUY BOOK button next to it.
Or search for for a new book by title or author and click ADD TO SHELF. Once it’s added, tap or click the BUY BOOK button next to it.
3) A popover screen will appear with the book title and price. Follow the prompt to CONTINUE TO GOOGLE and you’ll be taken to Google’s checkout process. If you haven’t logged in to Subtext with a Google/Gmail account yet, you will be prompted to before you can proceed with your purchase. This allows us to automatically add your Google books to your Subtext shelf.More info >
4) After completing your purchase, your new book will be waiting for you on your shelf in Subtext. (Depending on your network connection, it may take a few moments before the book appears.)
5) Tap DOWNLOAD BOOK and then tap READ IT next to the book’s cover. This downloads the full book onto your shelf and opens it.
Note: Although Google Books has an extremely large collection, it is not comprehensive. If the title you are looking for is not available through Google Books, you can purchase it from the any of our compatible ebook retailers (including Kobo and Feedbooks) and then open it to read in Subtext. More Info >